Outside my window::
- A 60 deg day. Spring is trying to over run the winter. We typically have a couple of inches of snow in April.
I am thankful for::
- a good friend who still emails me with encouragement.
I am wearing::
- a nursing turtleneck and a tan skirt
I am reading::
- Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell I really need to work on myself on having a meek and quiet spirit in all areas of my life, not just homeschooling.
I am hoping and praying::
- for two friends who are expecting.
I am creating::
- a cross-stitched wedding card. My sister inspired me to make it.
On my iPod::
- some podcasts from iPadre and SQPN Healthy Catholic; I especially enjoyed the one about the priest going from a couch potato to running a marathon.
I am running::
- 8.15 miles yesterday! I'm so proud of myself, especially tackling all of the hills. My house is at the highest elevation of the area, so everywhere I run involves hills.
Around the house::
- a broken hot water faucet for the tub. Hopefully, we can get it shut off so that we'll have a warm shower tomorrow. (The tub and shower are separate but are on the same water lines)
On the sewing front::
- finished the pinafores that were meant for Easter (see the picture below). Now on to the dresses for a cousin's wedding.
One of my favorite things::
- my camera. I really like my 'digital upgrade'. Thank you hubby!
A few plans for the rest of the week::
- a dentist appointment for myself, mom's homeschool meeting, and a diocesan Men's Conference for Michael.
A picture to share::
Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27